5th generation Honda City sedan spotted on test in Thailand - India launch soon
The all-new Honda City has been spotted on the roads of Thailand. The C-segment sedan is expected to get an all-new platform and BSVI compliant drivetrains coupled with a mild hybrid technology.
The engine on offer could be the same 1.5-litre petrol engine, however, with a BSVI compliant state of tune. A similar treatment could be given to the diesel variant. The petrol engine will be offered with an automatic transmission as the current car, however, the diesel variant could be offered with only a manual transmission.
The styling is expected to be closely related to what we see on the new Honda Civic that was recently launched in the country. Features such as a sunroof, all LED headlamps, and Honda Connect could be carried forward.
The Honda City is currently priced between Rs 9.92 - 14.34 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai. And the update is expected to hike the price across all variants by Rs 30,000-40,000. The Honda City rivals the Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna, and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
Expect the fifth-gen Honda City to be launched in India early next year.
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium