6 lakh Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchbacks sold in India since 2015 launch
Maruti Suzuki has sold six lakh units of its hatchback, the Baleno, in India since its launch in October 2015. Also, the company recently introduced the Maruti Suzuki Baleno with a new dual-jet engine along with a mild hybrid technology. This update has made the hatchback dearer by Rs 89,000. The Baleno gets an optional CVT (continuously variable transmission) mated to a 1.2-litre petrol engine. The hatchback is available with a 1.3-litre diesel engine that comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The cabin features a touch operated infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Baleno is India's most preferred premium hatchback. Continuous alignment with customer's expectations and desires along with periodic upgrades in terms of technology, have kept the Baleno in the lead in customer's decision making. The recently introduced Next Generation Smart Hybrid on Baleno, resonates with customer's need for contemporary technology. The milestone of six lakh unit cumulative sales in a record time of just 44 months clearly reflects the Baleno's popularity. We thank our customers for their continued support that has helped Baleno to create this industry benchmark of the fastest six lakh sales milestone."
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut