721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
After a series of teasers, the brand new Ferrari 488 Pista is finally out and we all know how it looks like. The Ferrari 488 Pista is a hard-core performance version of the 488 and is a fast successor of the 458 Speciale and also the the other V8-engined offerings like the 360 Challenge Stradale, 430 Scuderia and 458 Speciale. Ferrari has released the official images of the 721PS 488 Pista for now but the official unveiling will take place at the Geneva Motor Show scheduled to take place in the first week of March.
The new offering was rumoured to be called the GTO. Pista is Italian for race track which means that the Ferrari 488 Pista should be a delight on the tracks. The company states that the development of the 488 Pista is an evolution of its involvement in the FIA World Endurance Championship whereas the extensive weight saving solutions, along with engine, vehicle dynamics and aerodynamic developments have been sourced from racing cars.
The Ferrari 488 Pista weighs 90 kg less than the 488 GTB. Additionally, it features the most powerful V8 by Ferrari that makes 721PS at 8,000rpm and generates a meaty 770Nm at 3,000 rpm. As claimed by Ferrari, the 488 Pista has a top speed of 340 kmph and can sprint from 0-100 kmph in 2.85s. Ferrari also mentions that the exhaust note is louder than that of the 488 GTB. The F1-inspired front S-Duct and the design of the front diffusers which feature a ramp angle that was optimised for the 488 GTE to create strong suction for increased downforce has been offered in the 488 Pista. Additionally, the rear blown spoiler is higher and longer and the shape has been optimised, resulting in 20 per cent increase in downforce compared to the 488 GTB.
Among the host of electronics offered in the Ferrari 488 Pista, there is electronic dynamic controls with Side-Slip Angle Control system (SSC 6.0) that incorporates E-Diff3, F1-Trac, the magnetorheological suspension (SCM). Also, the Ferrari 488 Pista comes equipped with Ferrari Dynamic Enhancer, a system that uses Ferrari software to adjust the brake pressure at the callipers.
Starts Rs 3.97 Crore
Starts Rs 4.22 Crore
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsRenault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and Google announce technological partnership
- NewsLimited edition Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 showcased
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 teased further in new video
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app