800PS/1017Nm supercharged Chevy Camaro revealed
Every car enthusiast can vouch for a fact the more power a car makes, the more interesting it gets. The Chevrolet Camaro is one of the popular names in the muscle car list. In its stock form, the Camaro puts out 455PS of power from the 6.2L V8, that's the largest and the most powerful in the portfolio. However, for Specialty Vehicle Engineering (SVE), those numbers didn't appear much impressive.
The USA based performance tuning shop has revealed a supercharged version of the muscle car, called the Yenko Camaro. It gets the Yenko name as SVE is paying a tribute to the Yenko models of the Camaro sold in the 1960-70. For starters, the souped up car uses a custom forged aluminium engine block along with a forged aluminum piston. This has made the motor lighter than the stock form states the tuning brand. SVE claims that the Yenko Camaro puts out 800PS and 1017Nm, and while doing that it emits a distinctive exhaust note, states the company. The engine can be availed with either manual or automatic transmission. SVE will offer Launch Control as a standard feature.
When your car makes 800PS, it also has to look its part. This limited edition Camaro gets Yenko badged brake calipers, stripes on the hood as well as vinyls on the side. There are a host of other go-fast aesthetic additions on the exterior and interior as well. In addition, SVE is also offering a the year/36,000 mile (60,000 kilometer) on the engine, supercharger assembly as well select powertrain components.
This is not the first time that SVE has made a ludicrous mod. A look at their portfolio showcases the 800PS 6.8L Chevrolet Silverado Lowrider, 575PS 6.2L GMC Denali. These are full-size premium SUVs but with the performance of a sportscar. Just for a reference, the Porsche 911 makes 370PS whereas the Jaguar F-Type churns out 560PS of power. And both these weight almost half of the SUVs mentioned above. SVE states that the price of the performance package starts from $40,000 (Rs 27.14 lakh) and it does not include the cost of the donor car. SVE will be only building 50 specimens of this super tuned Camaro
Starts Rs 90.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16
- NewsHyundai Verna gets a new 1.4 litre diesel option, other new variants
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 SUV unveiled in Thailand with sportier trim
- NewsE-Trio Automobiles to launch retrofitted EV conversion kits for Alto and Wagon R
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350X ABS and 500X ABS spotted at dealerships in India
- News2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro image gallery