A.P Honda displays new customer-based design concepts and new motorcycles at Bangkok Motor Show
A.P. Honda Co. Ltd, the official distributor of Honda motorcycles in Thailand has displayed a few new concepts and upcoming motorcycles for the Thai market at the ongoing Bangkok International Motor Show.
The A.P. Honda booth at the motor show has been designed using a concept under which, they are promoting a lifestyle vehicle designed to their customers taste. A.P. Honda is calling it 'Honda Hub of Lifester'. They have also displayed the 'C.U.B. House', which is a new concept store wherein the company is encouraging their customers to take part in the design to 'meet their own lifestyle with Honda'.
Other than the new customer-based concepts, A.P. Honda has displayed a new concept motorcycle and four new motorcycles for the Thai market. Developed by Honda's Thailand team, the concept motorcycle is called, the Honda 150SS Racer. It cost A.P Honda 6 million baht (Rs 1.12 crore) to develop the prototype for this modern cafe racer concept, and detailed specifications are not out yet. One of the major highlights though definitely has to be the large disc brakes up front. The disc is just a few inches smaller than the lightweight carbon wheels shod with slick racing tyres.
A.P. Honda also launched the Scoopy i, a bike powered by a 110cc, single-cylinder four-stroke engine coupled with a variomatic transmission. An all-LED lighting system and idling-stop system are among other features on the motorcycle.
Also launched at the Bangkok International Motor Show were the new Honda CB1100, and the new Honda CBR 1000RR. The SP version of the CBR 1000RR, essentially a road-going racing version of the motorcycle too was launched. A.P. Honda also launched the new Honda X-ADV, a multi-purpose on-off road bike, powered by a 750cc engine and DCT clutch.
Thailand is one of the largest motorcycle markets in the world and motorcycle manufacturers around the world are trying to make their presence felt in the Thai market. In February 2016, Royal Enfield too opened a dealership there.
Starts Rs 21,70,597
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh