A.P Honda displays new customer-based design concepts and new motorcycles at Bangkok Motor Show
A.P. Honda Co. Ltd, the official distributor of Honda motorcycles in Thailand has displayed a few new concepts and upcoming motorcycles for the Thai market at the ongoing Bangkok International Motor Show.
The A.P. Honda booth at the motor show has been designed using a concept under which, they are promoting a lifestyle vehicle designed to their customers taste. A.P. Honda is calling it 'Honda Hub of Lifester'. They have also displayed the 'C.U.B. House', which is a new concept store wherein the company is encouraging their customers to take part in the design to 'meet their own lifestyle with Honda'.
Other than the new customer-based concepts, A.P. Honda has displayed a new concept motorcycle and four new motorcycles for the Thai market. Developed by Honda's Thailand team, the concept motorcycle is called, the Honda 150SS Racer. It cost A.P Honda 6 million baht (Rs 1.12 crore) to develop the prototype for this modern cafe racer concept, and detailed specifications are not out yet. One of the major highlights though definitely has to be the large disc brakes up front. The disc is just a few inches smaller than the lightweight carbon wheels shod with slick racing tyres.
A.P. Honda also launched the Scoopy i, a bike powered by a 110cc, single-cylinder four-stroke engine coupled with a variomatic transmission. An all-LED lighting system and idling-stop system are among other features on the motorcycle.
Also launched at the Bangkok International Motor Show were the new Honda CB1100, and the new Honda CBR 1000RR. The SP version of the CBR 1000RR, essentially a road-going racing version of the motorcycle too was launched. A.P. Honda also launched the new Honda X-ADV, a multi-purpose on-off road bike, powered by a 750cc engine and DCT clutch.
Thailand is one of the largest motorcycle markets in the world and motorcycle manufacturers around the world are trying to make their presence felt in the Thai market. In February 2016, Royal Enfield too opened a dealership there.
Starts Rs 17,60,000
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live