Aadhar card to be compulsory for getting driving license
After linking your aadhar card to your telephone number as well as bank accounts, the government of India now wants motorists to link their aadhar card to their driving licenses. The rule comes into effect from April 2018. It is said that fraudulent practices which exist can be curbed with this move. People have been getting fresh driving licenses from other states once their driving license was suspended in the home state. It is said that the government will now add an aadhar entry on its website for existing users to update the number. For new users, when applying for a license, the photo ID proof will be the aadhar card.
Speaking at the Haryana Digital Summit, union minister for telecom, Ravi Prasad said that he has already spoken with union minister for road, transport and highways, Nitin Gadkari, for linking aadhar with driving license. He further added that aadhaar is a safe and secure tool for good governance and empowerment.
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review