Aadhar card to be compulsory for getting driving license
After linking your aadhar card to your telephone number as well as bank accounts, the government of India now wants motorists to link their aadhar card to their driving licenses. The rule comes into effect from April 2018. It is said that fraudulent practices which exist can be curbed with this move. People have been getting fresh driving licenses from other states once their driving license was suspended in the home state. It is said that the government will now add an aadhar entry on its website for existing users to update the number. For new users, when applying for a license, the photo ID proof will be the aadhar card.
Speaking at the Haryana Digital Summit, union minister for telecom, Ravi Prasad said that he has already spoken with union minister for road, transport and highways, Nitin Gadkari, for linking aadhar with driving license. He further added that aadhaar is a safe and secure tool for good governance and empowerment.
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India