Aadhar card to be compulsory for getting driving license
After linking your aadhar card to your telephone number as well as bank accounts, the government of India now wants motorists to link their aadhar card to their driving licenses. The rule comes into effect from April 2018. It is said that fraudulent practices which exist can be curbed with this move. People have been getting fresh driving licenses from other states once their driving license was suspended in the home state. It is said that the government will now add an aadhar entry on its website for existing users to update the number. For new users, when applying for a license, the photo ID proof will be the aadhar card.
Speaking at the Haryana Digital Summit, union minister for telecom, Ravi Prasad said that he has already spoken with union minister for road, transport and highways, Nitin Gadkari, for linking aadhar with driving license. He further added that aadhaar is a safe and secure tool for good governance and empowerment.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India