Abarth goes retro
Shown at the Geneva Salon last week was the Abarth 124 Rally, code named SE139, a concept of the retro version of the Fiat Abarth 124 which was successfully rallied in the 'seventies. It is planned that these cars will be used as a one-make championship car in Italy, and there are hopes that the model will be accepted by the FIA as an R-GT car.
Abarth 124 Rally.
Based on the new Mazda derived 1.4 litre Abarth 124 series road car, the rally version is fitted with an Alfa Romeo twin cam four cylinder turbo 1850cc engine which should produce 300bhp. The original Fiat Abarth 124 won three world championship rallies and versions were used by Rafaele Pinto and Maurizio Verini to win the European Rally Championship.
Portugal 1975 Heyday for Fiat Abarth 124.
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
- NewsBSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020