Abarth goes retro
Shown at the Geneva Salon last week was the Abarth 124 Rally, code named SE139, a concept of the retro version of the Fiat Abarth 124 which was successfully rallied in the 'seventies. It is planned that these cars will be used as a one-make championship car in Italy, and there are hopes that the model will be accepted by the FIA as an R-GT car.
Abarth 124 Rally.
Based on the new Mazda derived 1.4 litre Abarth 124 series road car, the rally version is fitted with an Alfa Romeo twin cam four cylinder turbo 1850cc engine which should produce 300bhp. The original Fiat Abarth 124 won three world championship rallies and versions were used by Rafaele Pinto and Maurizio Verini to win the European Rally Championship.
Portugal 1975 Heyday for Fiat Abarth 124.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally