Acura NSX makes racing debut at 2016 Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Acura will be racing two 2017 NSX supercars at the 2016 Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on June 26, marking the racing debut of the NSX in North America.
The two Acura NSX supercars will compete in the Time Attack 1 and 2 classes and will be piloted by brothers James and Nick Robinson, respectively, both from the company's North American engineering team. Both the NSX will feature three electric motor Sport Hybrid Super-Handling All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) powertrain and a twin-turbo V6 engine mated to a 9-speed dual clutch transmission. One of the three electric motors is placed between the engine and transmission powering the rear wheels and the other two power the front wheels. The only difference between the Time Attack 1 and 2 cars is that the former will use a slightly lighter chassis and a custom high-flowing racing exhaust.
Acura will also be participation in the Electric Modifies Class with an all electric, 4 motor SH-AWD powertrain in the NSX. It will be driven by Tetsuya Yamano who drove the CR-Z based electric prototype the previous year. The Electric SH-AWD powertrain, an evolution of the CR-Z prototype powertrain, produces three times the total system output of last year's electric prototype and is mated to the NSX body.
Jon Ikeda, VP and GM, Acura Division said, "We are excited for this year's 'Race to the Clouds' to test the endurance and engineering of the Acura NSX and our advanced powertrain technologies as well as an expression of our racing spirit."
As Official Pace Car sponsor, Acura will feature three pace cars the NSX, the seven-passenger MDX performance-luxury SUV and the TLX sports sedan.
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks