Aditya Patel and Mitch Gilbert victorious at Sepang
Mitch Gilbert and Aditya Patel celebrate their victory at Race 1 of the 2017 Blancpain GT Series Asia at Sepang
Aditya Patel and team-mate Mitch Gilbert had the best possible start to their 2017 Blancpain GT Series Asia campaign. The duo managed to finish first in Race 1 of Round 1 of the championship held at Sepang.
Aditya Patel crossing the chequered flag first giving ODRacing their first win in the 2017 Blancpain GT Series Asia at Sepang
For Race 1, Patel and Gilbert were on pole. Gilbert had set the fastest lap during qualifying, and began the race for the team. However, he didn't make as good a start in the race as the Ferrari 448 of Anthony Liu Xu. But despite the fact that the two were sparring over the first few laps, the Safety Car was brought out due to an accident.
The ODRacing duo on the podium celebrating their win
When racing got underway once again, Gilbert managed to run away at the head of the field. He maintained a gap to the chasing pack until he had to hand over the car to his team-mate, Patel, for the second stint. When Patel took over, he kept his head down and managed to maintain the gap to the chasing pack, crossing the finish line first, giving the ODRacing duo their first race win of the season.
Second place went to Raffaele Marciello and Hunter Abbott of the GruppeM team in their Mercedes AMG GT3. FIST Team AAI's Oliver Millroy and Jesse Krohn took third place in their BMW M6 GT3.
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively