Akbar Ebrahim elected president of the FMSCI
Akbar Ebrahim, the new president of the FMSCI, pictured here with his son, racecar driver Armaan Ebrahim
Akbar Ebrahim has been elected the president of the Federation of Motorsport Clubs of India (FMSCI). Ebrahim won the election held at the Annual General Meeting that was held in Chennai on Monday. The former racer, turned team owner and driver coach, beat outgoing FMSCI president Zayn Khan at the election.
Former FMSCI President, J Prithviraj, who held the post in the year 2014, has been appointed vice-president of the FMSCI.
The elections for were also held to elect the councillors for the FMSCI for the next two years. The councillors elected were KD Madan of the Madras Motor Sport Club (MMSC), Shivu Shivappa of the Karnataka Motor Sports Club (KMSC), J Prithviraj of the Coimbatore Auto Sports Club (CASC), Sanjay Sharma of the Calcutta Motor Sports Club (CMSC), Ketan Mehta from the Indian Automotive Racing Club (IARC), Farooq Ahmed from the Motor Sports Club of Chikmagalur (MSCC), Arindam Ghosh from Ramkrishna Race Performance Management (RRPM) and Ebrahim from Meco Motorsport Club.
- FeaturesFive things you need to know about the new Ducati Multistrada 1260
- News2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 launched in India at Rs 15.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Ducati Multistrada 1260 launch in India
- NewsSuzuki Jimny revealed officially in European spec
- NewsJeep Compass Bedrock edition launched in India at Rs 17.53 lakh
- NewsMercedes-Benz to only launch BS-VI compliant diesel cars from now on in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP