Akhil Rabindra set to compete in British GT championship in 2017
Akhil Rabindra will compete in the 2017 British GT championship
Akhil Rabindra's had a fairly steady climb up the single seater ladder over the last few years. Back in 2014 the Indian driver was selected to be a part of the FIA Academy's Young Driver Programme, which he followed up with a full season in the BRDC F4 championship with Douglas Motorsport. He then made the switch to Lanan Racing in the British F3 championship in 2016.
For 2017, though, Rabindra is set to make a return to touring cars (remember he did compete in the Toyota Etios Motor Racing Cup back in 2013). Well, more accurately, sportscars. Rabindra will compete in the British GT Championship, driving a McLaren 570 GT4 for the Black Bull Garage 59 team.
Rabindra has also been selected by the McLaren GT Academy, which has selected seven other drivers to be part of their training programme. Of these drivers, four have been selected to compete in the British GT Championship. Rabindra will be joined by team-mate Dean Macdonald, with whom he will share a car. While the Academy's other drivers Sandy Mitchell and Ciaran Haggerty will team up in the other 570 GT4.
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review