All BMW India cars to get petrol engines by March 2017
BMW launched the 2016 3 Series Gran Turismo Rs 43.30 lakh, ex- Delhi. While the new GT mainly gets cosmetic additions over the previous model, it debuted the new 2.0-litre 252PS petrol motor from the brand's Efficient Dynamics engine range. Frank Schloeder, president, BMW India confirmed that this new petrol engine will also make its way into the 3 Series sedan. He also mentioned that the entire BMW line-up will feature petrol engines by March 2017.
Presently, the 2.0-litre petrol motor that is offered in the 3 Series sedan makes 184PS of power and 270Nm of torque. However, the more powerful 2.0-litre petrol that has been introduced in the 2016 3 Series GT generates a peak output of 252PS and 350Nm. This motor is assembled at the Force Motors plant in Chennai. As mentioned earlier, the company will be bringing the same motor in the 3 Series sedan, by early next year. This makes us believe that the 184PS/270Nm motor will also enter local production before BMW introduces the 252PS/350Nm motor from the GT in to the 3 Series Sedan. We did reach out to BMW India for their comments and are awaiting their reply on the same.
At the 2016 Auto Expo, BMW had already mentioned that the X1 will be getting petrol variants by the end of this year. In addition, models like the 1 Series, 6 Series, X3, X5 and the X6 that are presently available only with diesel engines will also feature petrol options. This will be done by March 2017, confirmed BMW.
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki appoints Shashank Srivastava as marketing and sales head
- NewsRenault HBC compact SUV to come in 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback introduced with a new BSVI compliant engine and new hybrid technology
- Review2019 BMW Z4 road test review
- News2019 Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift spotted undisguised
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip