All-electric Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo leaps into real life from PlayStation 4 game
Ever looked at a fantasy car in a videogame and wondered what it would be like to drive it in real life? Well, Audi has done just that, with the e-tron Vision Gran Turismo. The all-electric concept car was used as a virtual car in the PlayStation 4 game Gran Turismo. The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo has now been made into a reality as a showcase for electric mobility. This Vision Gran Turismo follows a long line of e-tron electric concepts already showcased by Audi. The e-tron Vision Gran Turismo is powered by three 200kW motors, two at the rear axle and one at the front, for a total output of 600kW (826PS). The Vision Gran Turismo will be deployed as a race taxi at all the European Formula E races as well as other events in 2018. Last year, Audi had also unveiled the Audi e-tron FEo4 all-electric Formula E race car.
It will be driven by former DTM driver Rahey Frey from Switzerland, or Le Mans winner Dindo Capello from Italy, at these events. Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo has permanent quattro all-wheel drive with variable power distribution. With a kerb weight of 1,450kg, the Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo has a power to weight ratio of 1.75kg per PS. It accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in less than 2.5 seconds, claims Audi. The race taxi also has a 50:50 weight distribution which should make for a fun, agile drive around the racetracks.
Here are more images of the Audi e-tron Vision GT:
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani