All-electric Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo leaps into real life from PlayStation 4 game
Ever looked at a fantasy car in a videogame and wondered what it would be like to drive it in real life? Well, Audi has done just that, with the e-tron Vision Gran Turismo. The all-electric concept car was used as a virtual car in the PlayStation 4 game Gran Turismo. The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo has now been made into a reality as a showcase for electric mobility. This Vision Gran Turismo follows a long line of e-tron electric concepts already showcased by Audi. The e-tron Vision Gran Turismo is powered by three 200kW motors, two at the rear axle and one at the front, for a total output of 600kW (826PS). The Vision Gran Turismo will be deployed as a race taxi at all the European Formula E races as well as other events in 2018. Last year, Audi had also unveiled the Audi e-tron FEo4 all-electric Formula E race car.
It will be driven by former DTM driver Rahey Frey from Switzerland, or Le Mans winner Dindo Capello from Italy, at these events. Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo has permanent quattro all-wheel drive with variable power distribution. With a kerb weight of 1,450kg, the Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo has a power to weight ratio of 1.75kg per PS. It accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in less than 2.5 seconds, claims Audi. The race taxi also has a 50:50 weight distribution which should make for a fun, agile drive around the racetracks.
Here are more images of the Audi e-tron Vision GT:
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship