All-Electric Maruti Suzuki WagonR spotted on test in India - launch soon?
Recently, officials at Maruti Suzuki stated that they will pull the plug on their diesel-powered products and the company has plans to push forward the petrol and all-electric vehicles by offering some incentives. OVERDRIVE also reported that the company could spawn an all-electric vehicle priced close to the Rs 9 lakh mark. With the recent spotting of the Maruti Suzuki EV WagonR, we believe that the Japanese carmaker will soon launch the all-electric variant of the WagonR.
It is likely that the WagonR EV could come with a battery pack large enough to offer a range of up to 200km. Also, the car could come with a fast charger.
That said, the expected EV will have to comply with crash norms that will come into play from October 1, 2019. Safety features such as seat belt reminder, reverse parking sensors, dual airbags will come standard along with the ABS (anti-lock braking system) and EBD (electronic brake distribution).
It's unclear as to whether the first EV from Maruti Suzuki will be sold from NEXA dealerships or Arenas, however, the EV could ask for a premium of above Rs 7 lakh and could go on sale sometime in 2020.
Starts Rs 7.44 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip