All-Electric Maruti Suzuki WagonR spotted on test in India - launch soon?
Recently, officials at Maruti Suzuki stated that they will pull the plug on their diesel-powered products and the company has plans to push forward the petrol and all-electric vehicles by offering some incentives. OVERDRIVE also reported that the company could spawn an all-electric vehicle priced close to the Rs 9 lakh mark. With the recent spotting of the Maruti Suzuki EV WagonR, we believe that the Japanese carmaker will soon launch the all-electric variant of the WagonR.
It is likely that the WagonR EV could come with a battery pack large enough to offer a range of up to 200km. Also, the car could come with a fast charger.
That said, the expected EV will have to comply with crash norms that will come into play from October 1, 2019. Safety features such as seat belt reminder, reverse parking sensors, dual airbags will come standard along with the ABS (anti-lock braking system) and EBD (electronic brake distribution).
It's unclear as to whether the first EV from Maruti Suzuki will be sold from NEXA dealerships or Arenas, however, the EV could ask for a premium of above Rs 7 lakh and could go on sale sometime in 2020.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki WagonR First Drive Video
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed