All new 2016 Toyota Fortuner spotted in Thailand sans camouflage
The 2016 Toyota Fortuner was spotted without any cover in Thailand ahead of the official July 17 unveil. The new Toyota Fortuner will take a lot of design cues from the LC200, which belongs to Toyota's luxury Lexus brand. It has switched over to a more suburban appearance from the rugged look that it originally sported.
The SUV gets a complete revamp both on the exterior as well as the interiors. A big chrome grille and chrome bars lead to sweptback headlamps featuring LED DRLs and HID projectors. On the rear end, it gets a kink next to the C pillar, which might not necessarily appeal to all. Along with that, a pair of wrap-around tail lamps and a roof spoiler give it a sporty touch. The interiors get a very functional, yet sophisticated facelift, much like the other Toyotas. A multi-function steering wheel, touchscreen infotainment and other necessary electronic wizardry complete the upgrade. The third row is expected to be more spacious than the one in the current car.
The original Fortuner ran on the Hilux pickup's platform while this one gets Toyota's newer and modern IMV platform. Globally the upgraded Toyota Fortuner will be offered with four engine options. The diesel engine options comprise a 177PS/420Nm 2.8-litre four-cylinder mill and a 2.4-litre motor making 160PS and 400Nm, both derived from the new GD family of engines. The petrols engines, the 2.7-litre four-cylinder petrol motor with 164PS and a 4.0-litre V6 petrol unit producing 278PS will however not make it to the Indian market. Like in the current car, Toyota will offer manual as well as automatic transmission for the new Fortuner in all-wheel or two-wheel drive guise.
With the current Fortuner doing so well, the new one has some pretty big shoes to fill. But knowing Toyota, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India