All-new 2018 Hyundai Santro to launch in October
As per reports on the internet, the all-new successor to the Hyundai Santro is set to make its debut in the Indian market by October, in time for the festive season. The hatchback has been spotted testing in spy photos on numerous occasions, and will most probably continue with the Santro nameplate, although Hyundai has not confirmed this.
The car will sit between the Eon and Grand i10 in the company's line-up and will carry a similar design language with strong lines, LED DRLs and the full-face grille seen on the facelifted Grand i10. The new Santro features large tail lights like the Eon. Like the updated Grand i10, the new Santro gets black inserts in the bumpers.
Coming to the interior, the new-gen Hyundai Santro will come with a three-spoke steering wheel with audio mounted controls. In addition, the hatch might also get a touchscreen system that one can operate through the steering mounted controls. It is being said that the dash-mounted gear lever, cabin trim design and other bits will resemble that of the Grand i10. All these features will make the new-gen Hyundai Santro a lot more premium than before.
While there is no official confirmation yet, we expect the new Hyundai Santro to be powered by 800cc and 1.0-litre petrol engines, pretty much the norm in the segment. Hyundai is expected to offer automatic and AMT versions as well, given the increasing popularity of automatics. We expect the new Hyundai Santro to be priced in the 2.5 lakh to 4.5 lakh rupee price bracket. An updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is also expected to launch around this time, in direct competition to the Santro.
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show