All-new Audi Q8 concept to debut at the Detroit Motor Show
The North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) is scheduled to take place early next month in Detroit. Automobile manufacturers around the globe are gearing up to showcase their upcoming concepts and production models. German car manufacturer Audi has just released a teaser image of the Audi Q8 concept that will debut in this show.
From the teaser images, it can be seen that the Audi Q8 gets a more aggressive front profile compared to the other SUVs in the company's portfolio. It features a new octagonal radiator grille design which will be a signature trait for all Q range of SUVs while the A sedans will get hexagonal grille. In addition, the grille engulfs bold vertical bars. Characteristic lines can be seen running on the bonnet dropping a hint of the powerful motor that will be strapped underneath. The headlights get a sleek design and look like extensions flowing outwards from the new grille. The bumper gets multiple cuts and creases, also features large air intake sections. The side gets a combination of a sloping coupe-like roofline along with the bolder wheel arches. It is interesting to see the C-pillar sport a compact yet wide profile, much like that of the niche Bentley Bentayga
Considering the fact that the Audi Q8 will be positioned completely above the existing range, we believe the same will come equipped with the best in the business. For now the teaser images do not reveal anything about the cabin, but expect it to feature the latest Audi tech which includes the 3D instrument cluster and the updated infotainment system.
The Audi Q8 will be based on the MLB Evo platform that also underpins the Bentley Bentayga. The same will also be seen under the next generation Q7 and the Porsche Cayenne. In terms of powertrain options, Audi has not revealed any information in its official statement. We believe Audi might employ an all-new V8 in the Q8. Additionally, Audi might also get in the 4.0 TDI quattro from the SQ7 into the Q8. From the teaser image, it is also clear that Audi will offer an e-tron version as well. Confirm details on the same will only surface closer to the global debut of the concept.
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019