All-new BMW F850GS set for EICMA 2017 unveil
BMW Motorrad is ready with a new mid-size adventure motorcycle in the form of the BMW F850GS for EICMA 2017. BMW will reveal this motorcycle at EICMA 2017 this week, but it had already put out a teaser video of the BMW F 850 GS over the weekend. The new F850GS will compete with the Honda Africa Twin, the Ducati Multistrada 950, and upcoming motorcycles such as the KTM 790 Adventure, and Yamaha T7. This will the first major rehash for the BMW F800GS since 2013. The launch of the BMW F850GS will also bridge the gap in the BMW Motorrad lineup where its largest adventure offering is the BMW R1200GS. The BMW F850GS engine is pegged to house a 270-degree crankshaft and generate around 100PS from 86PS of the current model.
The new F 850 GS teaser also reveals that the motorcycle will have its exhaust on the right side and chain on the left, unlike the 800 GS. The video also shows us a revised headlamp design, a new full-colour TFT display, ditching the analog tachometer of its predecessor. We will bring all the details of the BMW F 850 GS as they are announced live from EICMA 2017, so stay tuned!
Here's the teaser video until then:
Starts Rs 12,82,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased