All-new Land Rover Discovery SUV launched in India at Rs 68.05 lakh
Land Rover India has announced the prices of its new-gen Discovery in India. Starting at Rs 68.05 lakh ex-showroom, the 2017 Land Rover Discovery SUV will be available with a choice of petrol and diesel engines. It will be on sale from November 2017; however, all the 25 dealerships have already started accepting bookings for the SUV. Interested customers can also book the 2017 Land Rover Discovery online.
The premium, new-gen SUV was first showcased at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. The 2017 Discovery is an important offering considering the fact that the SUV is based on the latest Premium Lightweight Architecture (PLA), making it 480kg lighter than the previous model. While the previous model had a more squarish profile, the new iteration looks a lot more sophisticated and sleeker in design. It sports the new design language that was introduced with the Range Rover Evoque. The fifth-generation Land Rover Discovery is 140mm longer and shorter in height than the previous model. The side profile of the new-age Discovery looks almost like the smaller Discovery Sport, evidently so because of the slanted and thick C-pillar.
In addition to making the outside look sleeker, the cabin too has been revamped completely with the latest in terms of trims and equipment. It comes with a new 10-inch infotainment system with Android and iOS connectivity. The SUV comes in both 5- and 7-seat configurations. The 2017 Land Rover Discovery comes in three trims, namely S, SE and HSE. In terms of safety, the SUV comes loaded with features like ABS, cornering brake control, front and side curtain airbags and others.
Powering the all-new Land Rover Discovery SUV is a 3-litre diesel motor that makes 258PS and generates 600Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission. There is also an option of a 3-litre petrol that churns out 340PS at 6,500rpm and 450Nm at 3,500 to 5,000rpm. This one too comes paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission.
At this price, the all-new Land Rover Discovery competes with the likes of the Volvo XC60, Mercedes-Benz GLE and also the BMW X5. Here is a detailed list of prices of the All-new Land Rover Discovery SUV in India.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 55.9 Lakhs
- NewsForce Gurkha Xtreme brochure leaked, technical specifications revealed
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak