All-new Mahindra Roxor SUV to be manufactured at Detroit facility
Mahindra and Mahindra today announced the development of an all-new off-highway vehicle called the Roxor. This upcoming vehicle will be developed by Mahindra Automotive North America (MANA) at its premier facility in Detroit. The Mahindra Roxor will go on sale in the US market in 2018.
The company's expansion plan abroad is a part of a $230 million investment in Southeast Michigan that also includes a recently-opened warehouse and logistics operation in Pontiac and an existing prototype operation in Troy. In total, Mahindra has grown to 400,000 sq. ft. across three Detroit area facilities. MANA already has a workforce of 250 that will be increased to 400 till 2020 along with additional $600 million in local investment over that same period. This centre will also be responsible for development of new platform for India and international markets.
The company states that the off-highway vehicle will extend Mahindra's current position in the US market. Designed and engineered by MANA, the vehicle promises to be unlike anything currently on the market.
The Mahindra Roxor might share it's underpinnings with the Thar SUV
It is being said that the all-new Mahindra Roxor will be based on the Thar SUV and will use SsanYong developed 1.6L motor that does duty in the Tivoli with an option between 5-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
Mahindra was recently named as one of five vehicle manufacturers selected by the United State Postal Service (USPS) to produce prototype delivery trucks for testing and evaluation.
First look: Mahindra Roxor unveiled
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review