All-new Mahindra Roxor SUV to be manufactured at Detroit facility
Mahindra and Mahindra today announced the development of an all-new off-highway vehicle called the Roxor. This upcoming vehicle will be developed by Mahindra Automotive North America (MANA) at its premier facility in Detroit. The Mahindra Roxor will go on sale in the US market in 2018.
The company's expansion plan abroad is a part of a $230 million investment in Southeast Michigan that also includes a recently-opened warehouse and logistics operation in Pontiac and an existing prototype operation in Troy. In total, Mahindra has grown to 400,000 sq. ft. across three Detroit area facilities. MANA already has a workforce of 250 that will be increased to 400 till 2020 along with additional $600 million in local investment over that same period. This centre will also be responsible for development of new platform for India and international markets.
The company states that the off-highway vehicle will extend Mahindra's current position in the US market. Designed and engineered by MANA, the vehicle promises to be unlike anything currently on the market.
The Mahindra Roxor might share it's underpinnings with the Thar SUV
It is being said that the all-new Mahindra Roxor will be based on the Thar SUV and will use SsanYong developed 1.6L motor that does duty in the Tivoli with an option between 5-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
Mahindra was recently named as one of five vehicle manufacturers selected by the United State Postal Service (USPS) to produce prototype delivery trucks for testing and evaluation.
First look: Mahindra Roxor unveiled
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018
- NewsHyundai Lafesta shown at Auto China 2018
- NewsSpec comparison: Toyota Yaris vs Honda City vs Hyundai Verna vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut