All-new Maruti Swift Dzire production begins in India
Last year when Suzuki debuted the new-gen Swift, it was evident that its sedan version, the Swift Dzire, too will get a new-age makeover. This was confirmed when camouflaged test mules of the new-gen Swift Dzire were spotted doing rounds in the country. And now, the first images of the production-ready model are out, hinting the possibility of an early launch in the country.
From the images, it can be seen that the 2017 Dzire features similar cues as the new-gen Swift. While the overall silhouette has been retained from the previous model, the 2017 Dzire gets the fluidic-like design along with the characteristic lines similar to that seen on the Baleno. The new design also seems to have added on the dimensions, marginally though as it measures 3,995mm in length in the present form. And to make sure that the sedan benefits from the sub-4m incentives, the new-gen Dzire too will measure the same. Additionally, it gets new alloy wheels which look more upmarket compared to the existing version.
While details of the cabin of the new-gen Dzire are still not out, we believe it will be similar to that of the new Swift. The feature list too is expected to be similar to the hatchback.
Powering the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire will be the same units doing duty in the third-generation Swift. The new Swift Dzire will also retain the 1.2-litre K-Series petrol engine which makes 84PS/115Nm and the 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine which makes 75PS/190Nm.
These images strongly state that the sedan will be launched before the hatchback in the country. It is a bold move by Maruti to launch the compact sedan version of an all-new model before the hatchback version. Ford had also done something similar by launching the Ford Figo Aspire compact sedan followed by the new Figo hatchback. The 2017 Dzire will be manufactured at the Gujarat plant. It will go up against the new Tata Tigor, Hyundai Xcent and Honda Amaze.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively