All-new Mini SUV to launch in 2021, to be positioned below the Countryman
The British automotive marque Mini is said to be working on an all-new compact SUV. The new offering will be positioned below the company's popular SUV, the Countryman. In addition to the conventional powertrain options, it is being speculated that the all-new sub-Countryman SUV will also be equipped with a pure electric powertrain.
The all-electric unit that will be offered in the new Mini SUV will be identical to that offered in the electric hatch that debuts in 2019. If Mini retains the performance numbers from the electric hatch in the SUV as well, is what needs to be seen. Additionally, the new Mini SUV will be built on an all-new platform that will also underpin the new-gen UKL based models like the BMW 1 Series, 2 Series and also the BMW X1 and X2 SUVs.
The 2021 Mini SUV will compete with the likes of Mazda CX-3, Nissan Juke and the Volkswagen T-Cross in the international markets. Seeing the popularity of SUVs in India, we believe the all-new Mini SUV will make sense for our country as well. We believe it can be placed in the same range as the Hyundai Tucson and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.49 Lakhs
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India