All-new Mini SUV to launch in 2021, to be positioned below the Countryman
The British automotive marque Mini is said to be working on an all-new compact SUV. The new offering will be positioned below the company's popular SUV, the Countryman. In addition to the conventional powertrain options, it is being speculated that the all-new sub-Countryman SUV will also be equipped with a pure electric powertrain.
The all-electric unit that will be offered in the new Mini SUV will be identical to that offered in the electric hatch that debuts in 2019. If Mini retains the performance numbers from the electric hatch in the SUV as well, is what needs to be seen. Additionally, the new Mini SUV will be built on an all-new platform that will also underpin the new-gen UKL based models like the BMW 1 Series, 2 Series and also the BMW X1 and X2 SUVs.
The 2021 Mini SUV will compete with the likes of Mazda CX-3, Nissan Juke and the Volkswagen T-Cross in the international markets. Seeing the popularity of SUVs in India, we believe the all-new Mini SUV will make sense for our country as well. We believe it can be placed in the same range as the Hyundai Tucson and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Starts Rs 38.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.07 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- NewsSpec Comparo: Skoda Karoq vs Jeep Compass vs Volkswagen T-Roc
- FeaturesSir Stirling Moss tribute: The last of the Titans
- News2020 BMW 5 Series facelift revealed
- NewsOla Electric acquires EV maker Etergo, likely to bring AppScooter to India in 2021
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!