All-new Mini SUV to launch in 2021, to be positioned below the Countryman
The British automotive marque Mini is said to be working on an all-new compact SUV. The new offering will be positioned below the company's popular SUV, the Countryman. In addition to the conventional powertrain options, it is being speculated that the all-new sub-Countryman SUV will also be equipped with a pure electric powertrain.
The all-electric unit that will be offered in the new Mini SUV will be identical to that offered in the electric hatch that debuts in 2019. If Mini retains the performance numbers from the electric hatch in the SUV as well, is what needs to be seen. Additionally, the new Mini SUV will be built on an all-new platform that will also underpin the new-gen UKL based models like the BMW 1 Series, 2 Series and also the BMW X1 and X2 SUVs.
The 2021 Mini SUV will compete with the likes of Mazda CX-3, Nissan Juke and the Volkswagen T-Cross in the international markets. Seeing the popularity of SUVs in India, we believe the all-new Mini SUV will make sense for our country as well. We believe it can be placed in the same range as the Hyundai Tucson and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.06 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900