All new Suzuki Access 125 launched in India at Rs 53,887 (ex-Delhi)
Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched the new Access 125 at starting price of Rs 53,887 (ex-Delhi). The new Access 125 was displayed at the 2016 Auto Expo, where it generated quite a lot of interest. The scooter sits on an all new platform and features a more modern, upmarket styling than its predecessor.
The new Access 125 will be available with a choice of five, new colours. It comes with a 5.6-litre fuel tank (0.4-litres lesser than previous Access) and has a seat height of 780mm. Kerb weight is at 102kg, which makes it 10 kilos lighter than the previous generation Access 125 . The new Access gets a 12-inch rim upfront, shod with a 90/90 tubless tyre and a 10-inch rim with 90/100 tubeless tyre at the rear. Boot space has increased to 21-litres.
Suzuki has also kitted the Access 125 with new (optional) features which include, alloy wheels / disc brakes (in the top spec), a DC socket and single push starter. The instrument console is new, and consists of a large speedo readout. Below this lays a digital odo and fuel gauge and service due indicator, that's keeping it in tune with the current crop of scooters.
The previous Suzuki Access was lauded for its peppy 125cc engine. Suzuki has reworked on the engine to make it lighter. The carburetted engine now produces 8.7PS and 10.2Nm, which is higher than before. The company has also equipped the engine with its Suzuki Eco performance (SEP) technology which improves fuel efficiency. While the current Access 125 will continue to sell alongside the new model, we've learnt that it will be phased out gradually.
The new Suzuki Access 125 will be available across dealerships soon. It will go up against the Honda Activa 125, Mahindra Gusto 125 and the Piaggio Vespa 125. Watch this space for a comprehensive road test report.
Starts Rs 55,045
Starts Rs 51,324
Starts Rs 57,497
Starts Rs 49,420
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership