All new Swift Dzire launched, shocking prices
Maruti have launched their new Swift Dzire starting at an ex-showroom price of Rs 4.79 lakh for the base LXI and Rs 7.09 lakh for the top end ZDI diesel. The new Dzire comes in seven variants with a segment first 4-speed petrol automatic variant also on offer.
The previous version of the Dzire will continue to be on sale but Maruti intends to rename it and sell it to fleet operators. The new Dzire borrows heavily from its hatchback cousin, the Swift â" both inside and outside. Maruti have altered the front grille, bumper and have also given the Dzire new alloy wheels and a stubby boot. The Dzire is now a sub 4-metre car and this time around, Maruti designers have ensured that the boot doesn't look as out of place as the previous version.
The 2012 Dzire comes with two tone interiors and gets wooden inserts on the dashboard. Like the Alto K10, Maruti engineers have made scoops behind the front seat, liberating a bit more room in the process. Powering the Dzire is a 1.2-litre K12A petrol and a 1.3-litre Multijet diesel engine. Both the engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and a 4-speed automatic as an option for the VXi petrol variant.
The ex-showroom prices for the new Dzire are as listed below:
|Variant||Price in lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)||Price in lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai)|
|Lxi||Rs 4.79||Rs 5.04|
|Vxi||Rs 5.32||Rs 5.56|
|Vxi Auto||Rs 6.54||Rs 6.78|
|Zxi||Rs 6.19||Rs 6.46|
|Ldi||Rs 5.80||Rs 6.06|
|Vdi||Rs 6.31||Rs 6.56|
|Zdi||Rs 7.09||Rs 7.35|
Read our first drive report of the 2012 Swift Dzire here
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- NewsImage gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
- News2019 New York International Auto Show: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS flagship SUV unveiled
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip