All-new Swift Sport to be showcased at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show
While we in India are still waiting for the new-gen Swift to arrive in our country, there is an update on its faster twin. Suzuki has released an image of the new-gen 2018 Swift Sport that will be showcased at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show, which is scheduled to place in September.
2018 Suzuki Swift Sport
The 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport looks almost identical to the regular offering, except for that bright yellow shade which we believe will be an exclusive for the Sport model. Look carefully and you will notice the revised front bumper, especially the lower section that offers an individual housing for the fog lamps. Additionally, the Swift Sport gets a larger radiator grille with a different mesh design. The other bit of the design that we can see from the image is the sportier machine cut alloy wheel design. The side and the rear profiles will largely remain similar to the regular hatchback except for minor details and badges that the Sport might get. There might be a slight revision in the cabin as well.
Enthusiasts claims that the previous-gen Swift Sport was a performer as it was light weight and an agile handler, the perfect ingredients for a hot hatch. And to top it, the Swift Sport was powered by a 1.6-litre naturally aspirated motor that made 138PS. For the new-gen model, the power rating has been bumped up to 140PS that will be produced by a 1.4-litre turbocharged motor, making it a first in the Swift Sport since its launch in 2005.
2018 Suzuki Swift
More details of the 2018 Swift Sport will be out during the official unveiling at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. We did reach out to Maruti Suzuki to know if the all-new Swift Sport will be launched in India next year; however, the company denied making any comments. The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift will be showcased at the next year's Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775