All-new Swift Sport to be showcased at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show
While we in India are still waiting for the new-gen Swift to arrive in our country, there is an update on its faster twin. Suzuki has released an image of the new-gen 2018 Swift Sport that will be showcased at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show, which is scheduled to place in September.
2018 Suzuki Swift Sport
The 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport looks almost identical to the regular offering, except for that bright yellow shade which we believe will be an exclusive for the Sport model. Look carefully and you will notice the revised front bumper, especially the lower section that offers an individual housing for the fog lamps. Additionally, the Swift Sport gets a larger radiator grille with a different mesh design. The other bit of the design that we can see from the image is the sportier machine cut alloy wheel design. The side and the rear profiles will largely remain similar to the regular hatchback except for minor details and badges that the Sport might get. There might be a slight revision in the cabin as well.
Enthusiasts claims that the previous-gen Swift Sport was a performer as it was light weight and an agile handler, the perfect ingredients for a hot hatch. And to top it, the Swift Sport was powered by a 1.6-litre naturally aspirated motor that made 138PS. For the new-gen model, the power rating has been bumped up to 140PS that will be produced by a 1.4-litre turbocharged motor, making it a first in the Swift Sport since its launch in 2005.
2018 Suzuki Swift
More details of the 2018 Swift Sport will be out during the official unveiling at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. We did reach out to Maruti Suzuki to know if the all-new Swift Sport will be launched in India next year; however, the company denied making any comments. The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift will be showcased at the next year's Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden