All-new Toyota Fortuner to be launched in India on November 7
We were the first to reveal that the all-new Toyota Fortuner will be launched in India in November. Now the exact date is out - Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced that it'll be launching the 2016 Fortuner on November 7. The new Fortuner is based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform. The Hilux and the Innova are also based on the same platform, and all three share common mechanical bits.
The 2016 Toyota Fortuner looks a lot more aggressive than its predecessor. It gets LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, a chiseled grille and brawny front bumper. At the rear, it gets a wrap around windscreen and LED tail lamps. The cabin uses high-grade materials and looks at lot more plush than the outgoing model.
The new Fortuner will be offered with the same diesel engines as the Innova. It will be offered with the 2.4-litre diesel engine which makes 148PS and 343Nm of torque. This engine will be coupled to a 5-speed manual transmission. The bigger 2.8-litre diesel engine delivers 177PS and 360Nm of torque and gets mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. Toyota might also offer a 2.7-litre petrol engine option.
The new Fortuner SUV has been previously caught testing in India. Once launched, the new Toyota Fortuner will compete with the Chevrolet Trailblazer, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and the Ford Endeavour.
Starts Rs 28.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.98 Lakhs
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review