All-new Toyota Yaris to launch in India on May 18
Toyota showcased the all-new Yaris at the 2018 Auto Expo in February this year. The Japanese automobile major is targeting the premium sedan segment with the Yaris. The company dealerships in India will initiate taking bookings for the Yaris in the last week of April, as the launch is scheduled to happen on May 18. We expect the deliveries of the Toyota Yaris to commence shortly post the launch. The Toyota Yaris will be offered with a petrol motor only.
The all-new Toyota Yaris sedan wears a sharper design theme that is in line with the new Corolla and Camry. This comes courtesy of sleek headlights and taillights, a wide grille and a pinched roofline. The cabin looks quite youthful with a large instrumentation featuring analogue clocks and a 4.2-inch MID, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment unit in the dash with gesture control, a bolstered steering wheel and sleek air-conditioning vents. It will be interesting to see if Toyota goes with a sporty all-black layout for the cabin, or chooses a more popular black and beige combination for the India-spec Yaris sedan. The features list also includes tyre pressure monitoring system, adjustable neck restraints. In terms of safety, the Yaris will come equipped with seven airbags, ABS, EBS, ESP and Hill-Start Assist.
Powertrain options for the Yaris are expected to be a 1.5l petrol engine and a 1.4l diesel. The 1.5l is expected to be based on the 2NR-FE motor that powers the Etios sedan, albeit with variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust ports. The engine is expected to produce 107PS and 140Nm of torque. While Toyota India has not confirmed, we believe at a later stage, the Yaris might also be offered with a 90PS/205Nm 1.4l D-4D drivetrain that does duty in the Corolla. With the high levels of localization, the Toyota Yaris will be priced competitively against its rivals.
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know