All-new Toyota Yaris to launch in India on May 18
Toyota showcased the all-new Yaris at the 2018 Auto Expo in February this year. The Japanese automobile major is targeting the premium sedan segment with the Yaris. The company dealerships in India will initiate taking bookings for the Yaris in the last week of April, as the launch is scheduled to happen on May 18. We expect the deliveries of the Toyota Yaris to commence shortly post the launch. The Toyota Yaris will be offered with a petrol motor only.
The all-new Toyota Yaris sedan wears a sharper design theme that is in line with the new Corolla and Camry. This comes courtesy of sleek headlights and taillights, a wide grille and a pinched roofline. The cabin looks quite youthful with a large instrumentation featuring analogue clocks and a 4.2-inch MID, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment unit in the dash with gesture control, a bolstered steering wheel and sleek air-conditioning vents. It will be interesting to see if Toyota goes with a sporty all-black layout for the cabin, or chooses a more popular black and beige combination for the India-spec Yaris sedan. The features list also includes tyre pressure monitoring system, adjustable neck restraints. In terms of safety, the Yaris will come equipped with seven airbags, ABS, EBS, ESP and Hill-Start Assist.
Powertrain options for the Yaris are expected to be a 1.5l petrol engine and a 1.4l diesel. The 1.5l is expected to be based on the 2NR-FE motor that powers the Etios sedan, albeit with variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust ports. The engine is expected to produce 107PS and 140Nm of torque. While Toyota India has not confirmed, we believe at a later stage, the Yaris might also be offered with a 90PS/205Nm 1.4l D-4D drivetrain that does duty in the Corolla. With the high levels of localization, the Toyota Yaris will be priced competitively against its rivals.
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise