All-new Toyota Yaris to launch in India on May 18
Toyota showcased the all-new Yaris at the 2018 Auto Expo in February this year. The Japanese automobile major is targeting the premium sedan segment with the Yaris. The company dealerships in India will initiate taking bookings for the Yaris in the last week of April, as the launch is scheduled to happen on May 18. We expect the deliveries of the Toyota Yaris to commence shortly post the launch. The Toyota Yaris will be offered with a petrol motor only.
The all-new Toyota Yaris sedan wears a sharper design theme that is in line with the new Corolla and Camry. This comes courtesy of sleek headlights and taillights, a wide grille and a pinched roofline. The cabin looks quite youthful with a large instrumentation featuring analogue clocks and a 4.2-inch MID, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment unit in the dash with gesture control, a bolstered steering wheel and sleek air-conditioning vents. It will be interesting to see if Toyota goes with a sporty all-black layout for the cabin, or chooses a more popular black and beige combination for the India-spec Yaris sedan. The features list also includes tyre pressure monitoring system, adjustable neck restraints. In terms of safety, the Yaris will come equipped with seven airbags, ABS, EBS, ESP and Hill-Start Assist.
Powertrain options for the Yaris are expected to be a 1.5l petrol engine and a 1.4l diesel. The 1.5l is expected to be based on the 2NR-FE motor that powers the Etios sedan, albeit with variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust ports. The engine is expected to produce 107PS and 140Nm of torque. While Toyota India has not confirmed, we believe at a later stage, the Yaris might also be offered with a 90PS/205Nm 1.4l D-4D drivetrain that does duty in the Corolla. With the high levels of localization, the Toyota Yaris will be priced competitively against its rivals.
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip