All-new Toyota Yaris to launch in India on May 18
Toyota showcased the all-new Yaris at the 2018 Auto Expo in February this year. The Japanese automobile major is targeting the premium sedan segment with the Yaris. The company dealerships in India will initiate taking bookings for the Yaris in the last week of April, as the launch is scheduled to happen on May 18. We expect the deliveries of the Toyota Yaris to commence shortly post the launch. The Toyota Yaris will be offered with a petrol motor only.
The all-new Toyota Yaris sedan wears a sharper design theme that is in line with the new Corolla and Camry. This comes courtesy of sleek headlights and taillights, a wide grille and a pinched roofline. The cabin looks quite youthful with a large instrumentation featuring analogue clocks and a 4.2-inch MID, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment unit in the dash with gesture control, a bolstered steering wheel and sleek air-conditioning vents. It will be interesting to see if Toyota goes with a sporty all-black layout for the cabin, or chooses a more popular black and beige combination for the India-spec Yaris sedan. The features list also includes tyre pressure monitoring system, adjustable neck restraints. In terms of safety, the Yaris will come equipped with seven airbags, ABS, EBS, ESP and Hill-Start Assist.
Powertrain options for the Yaris are expected to be a 1.5l petrol engine and a 1.4l diesel. The 1.5l is expected to be based on the 2NR-FE motor that powers the Etios sedan, albeit with variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust ports. The engine is expected to produce 107PS and 140Nm of torque. While Toyota India has not confirmed, we believe at a later stage, the Yaris might also be offered with a 90PS/205Nm 1.4l D-4D drivetrain that does duty in the Corolla. With the high levels of localization, the Toyota Yaris will be priced competitively against its rivals.
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch