All-new Triumph Scrambler 1200 spotted testing, could debut at EICMA 2018
Triumph is all set to launch the new-gen Tiger 800 in India on March 21. But it is not just in India that the British motorcycle brand is in news. Latest spy shots of an all-new Triumph Scrambler 1200 have surfaced on the internet. And if images are to be believed, this larger Bonnie looks capable to take on any surface considering the equipment list of long travel suspension, powerful motor and host of other additions over the regular Bonnie.
All-new Triumph Scrambler 1200 is expected to have a higher ground clearance of 200mm
It is being said that the 1200cc motor powering the new Triumph Scrambler 1200 will pack in additional torque, similar to the tune offered in the Bobber. The Street Scrambler comes with a 900cc motor that puts out 55PS and 78.84Nm. Whereas the new Scrambler 1200 could make 77PS and 100Nm, offering more grunt across the powerband. We also expect Triumph to offer riding modes on the Scrambler 1200, in addition to the ride-by-wire throttle, ABS and traction control that should make this a fun offering especially on broken surfaces.
All-new Triumph Scrambler 1200 could make 77PS and 100Nm
As seen from the test bikes, the Triumph Scrambler 1200 comes with twin Brembo monoblocs that should be effective in controlling this bigger off-road adventure machine. Also, the Scrambler 1200 is expected to come equipped with long travel Showa USD forks and O?hlins twin-shocks mounted on a new longer swingarm. Even the suspension travel is expected to go up considerably, also further increasing the seat height. Similar to the XC series of the Tiger, the Scrambler 1200 too might opt for 21-inch front and that too spoked and tubeless.
The other set of equipment that the Scrambler 1200 sports include a large bash plate, reinforced handguards and brush guards. The test mules are not yet production ready and this can be seen with the exposed wiring. However, it does reveal the minimalist styling of the Bonnie with LED headlight and analogue instrumentation.
We hope Triumph showcases the Scrambler 1200 at the 2018 EICMA that is scheduled to take place in November this year. And the production model could debut in 2019.
Images source: MCN
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000