All-new Volkswagen Polo-based sedan spied
In India, the Polo-based sedan is the Vento. However, the one that has been spied is based on the new-generation Polo, which debuted in the international markets in June 2017. The all-new Polo-based sedan will be called the Volkswagen Virtus. The sedan will be showcased on September 1, 2017.
From the spied images that have surfaced, it can be seen that the Volkswagen Virtus gets a tweaked design over the new-gen hatchback. While the lights and the grille look similar, the front bumper design has got changes in the form of new contours and profiles. The side looks similar except for the new alloys. The rear profile, however, bears no resemblance to the Vento. Instead, Volkswagen has gone for a more premium design similar to what we have seen on the Audi A4. The boot spoiler and the angular tail lights suggest the same.
The cabin details of the Volkswagen Virtus are not clearly visible in the spied images. However, one can see the new TFT instrument display along with the large central infotainment screen which will be compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with navigation options. The sedan also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with metal inserts. The cabin too has minimal buttons. The array of safety features now brings it at par with the much bigger Golf as well as the Passat, which is a good thing.
In terms of engine options, the all-new Volkswagen Virtus will be powered by a 128PS 1.0-litre TSI motor mated to a 6-speed automatic. The other motor that might be offered in the Virtus is the 120PS 1.6-litre petrol paired with a 5-speed manual transmission.
The all-new Volkswagen Virtus will be launched in the South American market in the first quarter of 2018. Here is our rendering of the 2018 Volkswagen Virtus
2017 Volkswagen Virtus rendering
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled