All-new Volkswagen Polo-based sedan spied
In India, the Polo-based sedan is the Vento. However, the one that has been spied is based on the new-generation Polo, which debuted in the international markets in June 2017. The all-new Polo-based sedan will be called the Volkswagen Virtus. The sedan will be showcased on September 1, 2017.
From the spied images that have surfaced, it can be seen that the Volkswagen Virtus gets a tweaked design over the new-gen hatchback. While the lights and the grille look similar, the front bumper design has got changes in the form of new contours and profiles. The side looks similar except for the new alloys. The rear profile, however, bears no resemblance to the Vento. Instead, Volkswagen has gone for a more premium design similar to what we have seen on the Audi A4. The boot spoiler and the angular tail lights suggest the same.
The cabin details of the Volkswagen Virtus are not clearly visible in the spied images. However, one can see the new TFT instrument display along with the large central infotainment screen which will be compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with navigation options. The sedan also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with metal inserts. The cabin too has minimal buttons. The array of safety features now brings it at par with the much bigger Golf as well as the Passat, which is a good thing.
In terms of engine options, the all-new Volkswagen Virtus will be powered by a 128PS 1.0-litre TSI motor mated to a 6-speed automatic. The other motor that might be offered in the Virtus is the 120PS 1.6-litre petrol paired with a 5-speed manual transmission.
The all-new Volkswagen Virtus will be launched in the South American market in the first quarter of 2018. Here is our rendering of the 2018 Volkswagen Virtus
2017 Volkswagen Virtus rendering
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsMcLaren Speedtail testing begins before 2020 deliveries
- NewsHonda Cars India could launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2023-2024
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...