Allahabad officials issue order against motorcycles without registration numbers
The Allahabad officials have ordered that no two-wheeler can roll out of the showroom without a registration number. Violation of this order would result in severe action including confiscation of the vehicle. The reason behind the order is that criminals have increasingly been using motorcycles without registration plates to snatch chains and commit other offences.
K S Emmanuel, SSP of Allahabad, stated, "Investigations into several such cases have pin-pointed the use of high-speed bikes sans number plates. If two-wheelers have proper registration numbers on both sides, it would help arrest the soaring graph of auto-thefts too."
RTO Anil Singh and Emmanuel met with automobile dealers in the first week of August. They asked dealers to upload the owner's details on the booking date to ensure that the registration number would be issued within 72 hours. They also warned the dealers of the punitive action that would be taken against those who didn't oblige.
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19 - Camper trailer tourism
- FeaturesElectric Dreams: Honda e
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subsidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far