Alta Motors unveils electric street tracker motorcycle
The electric revolution is fast catching up with numerous automobile manufacturers. We are already aware of the development in the four-wheeler space with the likes of Tesla and Faraday Friday. The two-wheeler segment too is fast catching up. Alta Motors, a small electric motorcycle start-up, has unveiled an exciting-looking electric street tracker.
But then what is Alta Motors? The Silicon-based start-up had raised $17 million, and the investors include Tesla founders Marc Tarpenning and Martin Eberhard. The company started operations in 2011 under the BRD motorcycles brand name wherein it has showcased a prototype of its electric motorcycle. In 2015, the company delivered its first all-electric bike called the Redshift. This was then followed by the development of supermoto- and motocross-based iterations of the Redshift. The company swung into full-scale production in August last year. The MX is priced at $14,995 (Rs 10.18 lakh) while the SM is available at $13,945 (Rs 9.47 lakh).
While that is history, Alta Motors has now upped the game with the unveiling of a new electric street tracker motorcycle that shares its bare-bones underpinnings with the SM (supermoto) and the MX (motocross). The company has already been participating in the flat-track racing scene. The street tracker is a more civilised and road-legal version of the dirt tracker that is used in competitions.
Alta Motocross MX
The Alta Street Tracker, also known as the ST concept, is equipped with a new sub-frame, seat, lower-positioned handlebar along with 19-inch BSR carbon-fibre flat-track wheels. It also comes with WP suspensions that have been adjusted, compared to the SM and MX, to lower the seat height. Alta Motors has not released a list of features that will be offered on the ST which we expect to be similar to the other two Redshift bikes.
Alta Supermoto SM
The specs and numbers of the Alta ST are not out. The Redshift SM is powered by a 5.8kWh batterypack putting out 40PS/49Nm. Alta Motors claims that the motor offers a riding range of 80km in one full charge. It takes a total of three hours to charge the battery completely. The SM can reach a claimed max speed of 105kmph. With the lighter frame and design tweaks, this ST is expected to offer a longer riding range. More details on this electric offering will be revealed in the coming weeks.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa