Ameo Cup 2018: Dhruv Mohite strengthens championship lead
The third round of the Ameo Cup also saw some good racing over the weekend. Qualifying on Friday saw Dhruv Mohite notch up another pole position. Saurav Bandyopadhyay lined up alongside him in the front row.
In the first Ameo Cup race on Saturday, Mohite continued his good run from the earlier round here as well, leading the outing from start to finish quite comfortably. Lower down the grid, positions two, three and four saw some close races for the first few laps, before Saurav got ahead.
Saurav Bandyopadhyay(#14), Jeet Jhabakh(#5) and Anmol Singh (#6) slugging it out
Two Ameo Cup races were held on Sunday. The second race started in a reverse grid order for the first eight positions. Guest Driver Ameya Dandekar started on the pole for this but was quickly overtaken by Shubhomay Ball. Affan Sadat from Bangladesh soon managed to grab the second spot and the two had an incident-free run from then on. There was a lot of fighting for the positions behind them among most of the front-runners but Dhruv Mohite emerged in third place by the time the race ended.
The third and final race for the round was relatively uneventful. Dhruv Mohite led the race from start to finish with his close opponent on many occasions, Saurav Bandyopadhyay coming in second. Shubhomoy Ball carried on his good run from the previous race to round off the podium.
Winner of the race Dhruv Mohite(#19)
At the end of the penultimate round of the championship, Dhruv Mohite remains comfortably in the driver's seat of the championship. This also marked the end of the Chennai leg of the championship, as the championship now moves to the Buddh International Circuit for the finale
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show