Anand Mahindra tweets about Jawa Motorcycles, to be launched in 2019
Anand Mahindra recently tweeted about the resurrection of the Jawa Motorcycles brand. His tweet states, "We all know about the advice to 'Dance in the rain..' But with Jawa's imminent resurrection you can't blame me for pushing this avatar of the quote . This caption is shared with an image that mentions, "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to ride in the rain". Interestingly, the motorcycle in the image is a 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1.
We all know about the advice to 'Dance in the rain..' But with Jawa's imminent resurrection you can't blame me for pushing this avatar of the quote... https://t.co/JUGcprTLfE pic.twitter.com/lCBtX6fEQN
- anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) June 28, 2018
It is already known that Mahindra will be focussing on premium motorcycles. Two years ago Classic Legends Private Limited (CLPL), a subsidiary of Mahindra and Mahindra, had acquired BSA Company for around Rs 28 crore. Mahindra and Mahindra owns a 60 per cent stake in CLPL. This acquisition would allow Mahindra to acquire or obtain licence of the brand and use the same for selling, marketing and distribution of motorcycles.
A flat ribbed pattern seat ends with a cowled tail section on the Jawa 350 Special, The two-tone red-silver adds to its retro flavour. At 800mm, the seat height is very approachable and should help it find wide appeal
The recent tweet by Anand Mahindra can be seen as a pre-launch hype for the popular motorcycle brand. The company had already confirmed that the Jawa brand will be launched in 2019 and will not feature Mahindra branding anywhere on the motorcycle. We expect Mahindra Two Wheelers R&D to work on an India specific Jawa line. These motorcycles will be sold via a newly set up Jawa dealer network. The first model to go on sale could also be the Jawa 350, a retro motorcycle, that can be based on the same platform as the Mahindra Mojo. This one could go up against the Royal Enfield Classic 350, depending on the price point that Mahindra positions the Jawa 350 at. You can read a detailed analysis of Mahindra Two Wheeler's game plan here.
Starts Rs 1,64,000
Starts Rs 1,48,520
Starts Rs 1,39,308
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019