Anand Mahindra tweets about Jawa Motorcycles, to be launched in 2019
Anand Mahindra recently tweeted about the resurrection of the Jawa Motorcycles brand. His tweet states, "We all know about the advice to 'Dance in the rain..' But with Jawa's imminent resurrection you can't blame me for pushing this avatar of the quote . This caption is shared with an image that mentions, "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to ride in the rain". Interestingly, the motorcycle in the image is a 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1.
We all know about the advice to 'Dance in the rain..' But with Jawa's imminent resurrection you can't blame me for pushing this avatar of the quote... https://t.co/JUGcprTLfE pic.twitter.com/lCBtX6fEQN
- anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) June 28, 2018
It is already known that Mahindra will be focussing on premium motorcycles. Two years ago Classic Legends Private Limited (CLPL), a subsidiary of Mahindra and Mahindra, had acquired BSA Company for around Rs 28 crore. Mahindra and Mahindra owns a 60 per cent stake in CLPL. This acquisition would allow Mahindra to acquire or obtain licence of the brand and use the same for selling, marketing and distribution of motorcycles.
A flat ribbed pattern seat ends with a cowled tail section on the Jawa 350 Special, The two-tone red-silver adds to its retro flavour. At 800mm, the seat height is very approachable and should help it find wide appeal
The recent tweet by Anand Mahindra can be seen as a pre-launch hype for the popular motorcycle brand. The company had already confirmed that the Jawa brand will be launched in 2019 and will not feature Mahindra branding anywhere on the motorcycle. We expect Mahindra Two Wheelers R&D to work on an India specific Jawa line. These motorcycles will be sold via a newly set up Jawa dealer network. The first model to go on sale could also be the Jawa 350, a retro motorcycle, that can be based on the same platform as the Mahindra Mojo. This one could go up against the Royal Enfield Classic 350, depending on the price point that Mahindra positions the Jawa 350 at. You can read a detailed analysis of Mahindra Two Wheeler's game plan here.
Starts Rs 1,48,520
Starts Rs 1,39,308
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India