APM Terminals Inland Services and Volvo Cars sign for dedicated warehouse
APM Terminals Inland Services, South Asia, has signed a contract with Volvo Cars to provide a dedicated warehouse in Chennai. Volvo currently imports its vehicles via the CBU route, and this warehouse has an overall capacity of stocking 500 cars. In an official release, APM Terminals Inland Services has stated that "this customised warehouse will provide an integrated inland services solution for Volvo Cars which are imported through the Chennai port".
Commenting on the agreement, Ajit Venkataraman, managing director, APM Terminals India Pvt. Ltd., said, "The 102,000-square-foot facility will include bonded and non-bonded areas with an overall capacity of 500 vehicles. This specialized warehousing solution by APM Terminals Inland Services is a step towards expanding its portfolio of customized solutions for customers. We are pleased to be the exclusive Indian partner for inland logistics and services solutions for Volvo Cars, one of the world's best-known and highly respected automotive brands."
Tom von Bonsdorff, managing director, Volvo Auto India Pvt. Ltd., said, "We look forward to using APM Terminals Inland Services, South Asia's facilities, as we prepare for high growth in India by launching new models and expanding our network; our cars will be in safe care."
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review