Apollo Tyres sets up office in Malaysia
Apollo Tyres today announced the setting up of its office in Malaysia, the third largest market in ASEAN region. Apollo Tyres already has presence in Thailand and Indonesia. The tyre manufacturer increasingly focuses on expanding its presence in Southeast Asia.
The manufacturer aims to procure a larger share in the Malaysian replacement tyre market which holds a capacity of 5,80,000 bus tyres and 9.5 million passenger car tyres.
Over 90 per cent of commercial vehicles are shifting from the standard cross-ply type to the superior radial tyres. Capitalising on the fact, the company would be looking to further establish the brand by promoting its Endurance range of truck-bus radials.
Satish Sharma, president, Asia Pacific, Apollo Tyres, believes that the Malaysian market is a pivotal market for their growth in the southeast region. He believes that Apollo's making "steady inroads" into the market and their current product range would fit well with the Malaysian consumer requirements.
- NewsAudi Sport unveils the updated Audi R8 for 2019
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- FeaturesMG Motor India: What we'd like to see in their first SUV
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video