Apple files new tech patent for self-driving cars
Tech giant Apple Inc seems to be making inroads in the development of self-driving cars with its latest patent filing. Apple has recently filed for a patent using the label 'Adaptive vehicle augmented reality display using stereographic imagery'. The patent application suggests that the display will use an augmented reality system which will be able to display pre-generated 3D imagery of the car's surroundings. These can be used to add details to everything the driver of the car sees. This pre-generated 3D model may include useful data for drivers including landmarks, points of interest, and others. This data could be packed into small parcels as seen on online mapping services and apps such as Google Maps.
Apple's 3D AR system could also offer a peek into what the route ahead looks like, making it a very useful system for passengers in self-driving cars. In recent months, Apple has also filed a patent for a virtual reality (VR) system, which could enhance a simple drive in an autonomous car into either a business meeting or an adventure or even a concert. With Apple working on these projects, we can't wait to see what the system finally looks like when autonomous cars and such tech solutions become available to the consumer.
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch