Apple files new tech patent for self-driving cars
Tech giant Apple Inc seems to be making inroads in the development of self-driving cars with its latest patent filing. Apple has recently filed for a patent using the label 'Adaptive vehicle augmented reality display using stereographic imagery'. The patent application suggests that the display will use an augmented reality system which will be able to display pre-generated 3D imagery of the car's surroundings. These can be used to add details to everything the driver of the car sees. This pre-generated 3D model may include useful data for drivers including landmarks, points of interest, and others. This data could be packed into small parcels as seen on online mapping services and apps such as Google Maps.
Apple's 3D AR system could also offer a peek into what the route ahead looks like, making it a very useful system for passengers in self-driving cars. In recent months, Apple has also filed a patent for a virtual reality (VR) system, which could enhance a simple drive in an autonomous car into either a business meeting or an adventure or even a concert. With Apple working on these projects, we can't wait to see what the system finally looks like when autonomous cars and such tech solutions become available to the consumer.
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know