Apple Maps gets more features, plans to take on Google Maps in India
Whenever we are stuck in traffic or have to search for a route to a particular destination, Google Maps is the most obvious choice. And Apple plans to change that. The American multinational technology company had added more features to its Apple Maps application. These features have been already rolled out on all the iOS and macOS devices. Vehicles with Apple CarPlay enabled infotainment system can make use of the voice navigation feature with the help of their iOS and macOS devices. More importantly, the Apple Maps update has also received turn-by-turn navigation, something that is already present on Google Maps.
Apple Maps also offers different modes such as Drive and Walk that can be altered in between navigation
In addition to giving turn-by-turn navigation, Apple Maps also offers different modes such as Drive and Walk that can be altered in between navigation. Apple Maps now also offers option to view different cab services such as Ola and Uber along with public transport options. The cab services also displays the time that would be taken by the cab to reach your location. You can either select the option from Apple Maps itself or click on the option and it directs you to the Cab application. All these options are already available on Google Maps. Will these new features make Apple Maps a preferred option over Google Maps, is something that time will tell.
Vehicles with Apple CarPlay enabled infotainment system can make use of the voice navigation feature with the help of their iOS and macOS devices
When Apple Maps was released in 2012, the company had claimed to offer flyover recognition, turn-by-turn navigation, 3D maps and the virtual assistant Siri. It was also made to replace Google Maps and be the default app on all iOS and macOS devices. However, Apple Maps received severe criticism which was followed by an official apology by Tim Cook, Apple CEO and also the exit of two of its employees.
- ReviewComparison test: Tata Harrier vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV 500 vs Jeep Compass
- NewsOla ban revoked after Karnataka Government fines cab aggregator Rs 15 Lakh
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip