APRC 2016: Gill victorious at Rally Hokkaido
Gaurav Gill on his way to victory at the 2016 APRC Rally Hokkaido
Indian driver Gaurav Gill scored his third outright victory and his fourth successive maximum points score in the 2016 Asia Pacific Rally Championship season when he won the Hokkaido Rally in his MRF team Skoda Fabia R5, beating his teammate Fabian Kreim and Subaru driver Michael Young.
With two more rounds to go, Gill has the chance to clinch the title on the next round, in Malaysia. For his first time in Japan, Kreim made a cautious start and only passed Young into second place when Young punctured during the second runs on Day 1.
Recent typhoon storms created a lot of damage on the roads before the event and there was considerable amounts of water on the course. New to the championship was a development version Toyota Vitz but the car retired on both days. 49 year old Toshi Arai won the national championship support event, in front of his old rival Fumio Nutahara.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic