APRC 2017: Gaurav Gill wins Rally Hokkaido
Team MRF Skoda's Gaurav Gill emerged victorious at Rally Hokkaido, the fourth round of the 2017 Asia Pacific Rally Championship. Gill and his co-driver Stephane Prevot managed to take the win, while his team-mate Ole Christian Veiby was out of contention for victory after a bad jump on Stage 3 damaged his Fabia R5.
Gaurav Gill on his way to victory at the 2017 APRC Rally Hokkaido
Jari Ketomaa, who had suffered the same fate as Veiby, was unable to restart the rally on the second day. Veiby, however, was able to restart in his MRF Skoda Fabia, which helped him earn scratch times.
Gill, however, dominated the rally. Except for the super special stage, he managed to clock the fastest time on all other stages.
Veiby and Gill have so far been in a tussle at the head of the championship standings, with Gill coming out ahead now. The Indian double-APRC title holder currently has a six-point lead in the championship standings, with one rally left - the season finale Rally of India at Chikmagalur between the 24th and 26th of November.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India