Aprilia SR 150 Race Edition to be launched in India on February 9, 2017
Piaggio India, after the resounding success of the new Aprilia SR 150 scooter, will launch the Race Edition derivative on February 9, 2017. The Aprilia SR 150 Race Edition is expected to be a limited edition.
The Aprilia SR 150 Race Edition is largely expected to be a cosmetic variant; however, a source tells us that the motorcycle may also have a few mechanical changes. This includes a faster throttle response, slight tweaking of the engine to produce more power and a throatier exhaust note. The cosmetic additions include a 'Race' branding, black floor mat with red elements, Italian flag colour graphics, disc brake caliper done in gold, maze grey body colour, red springs for the shock absorber and a red coloured rear alloy wheel.
Aprilia's SR 150 currently comes with an 11.54PS/11.50Nm air-cooled 155cc engine. In our tests, the Aprilia SR 150 did the 0-60kmph run in 6.32s and achieved a top speed of 104kmph, the fastest of any Indian scooter. It also delivered an overall fuel efficiency of 35kmpl. The scooter comes with 14-inch alloy wheels and has a 220mm front disc and a 140mm rear drum. Aprilia manufactures the scooter at its Baramati facility. The Race Edition will be available at an extra cost of Rs 3,000 over the regular scooter and will be available as kits too. Bookings will start from tomorrow while deliveries will commence within a month.
Starts Rs 70,940
Starts Rs 74,094
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market
- NewsNew Tesla Model 3 mid-range variant launched at $45,000
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch