Aprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
Aprilia India may be looking to bridge the gap in its product portfolio in the country with the introduction of lower capacity motorcycles. The company currently sells 125cc, 150cc scooters as well as high capacity motorcycles including the Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory, the RSV4, and others. But it does not market its lower-capacity motorcycles around the 125cc-150cc capacity which it sells in other international markets. However, that could change. CEO and MD of parent company Piaggio India, Diego Graffi said that the company is studying the Indian market to see if it is feasible to bring models including the Aprilia Tuono 150 and the RS 150 here. Meanwhile, the company also aims to fit ABS on all its current models before the year ends.
Both the motorcycles were displayed alongside their litre-class cousins which they are inspired from at the 2018 Auto Expo. This also showed the company's intent to bring the Tuono 150 (or 125) and RS 150 to India. But don't go reaching for your cheque book just yet. The Tuono 150 naked and the faired RS150 are likely to come in at a premium price over the other players in the segment.
Aprilia India will take some time to complete its study of the market, and the earliest we might see either on Indian roads will be in 2020. Graffi was talking on the sidelines of an event yesterday, where the 2018 Aprilia SR150, SR150 Race, and Carbon SR150, as well as two Vespa scooter were also launched.
Starts Rs 5,75,025
Starts Rs 19,72,000
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: Private vehicles banned in Karnataka till April 14
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota extends its support to health forces and daily wage workers
- NewsTurbo-petrol engines to look forward to
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: KTM 890 Duke R
- NewsCar care after Corona: All the do's and dont's
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055