Arjun and Kush Maini to race with Jenzer Motorsport in 2017
Arjun Maini in the Jenzer Motorsport machine during the GP3 round at Monza in 2016
Both the Maini brothers - Arjun and Kush - will compete with Jenzer Motorsport during the 2017 season of racing. Arjun Maini will compete in the GP3 championship, while Kush will compete in the FIA Italian F4 championship. This will be Arjun's second year in the GP3 Series, where he finished 10th in the driver's championship last year. While Kush, who competed in the Italian F4 series last year, finished fifth overall.
Arjun's 2016 season in the GP3 championship went quite well. This, despite the fact that he missed the first four races of the season. The Indian driver managed to claim a podium finish in Hungary in July 2016, and his overall 10th place in the driver's championship meant that hebecame the youngest driver to break into the Top 10 in the standings in GP3 history.
Speaking of his 2017 season, Maini Sr said "I am very excited to drive for Jenzer Motorsport for the second year in a row, I had a good 2016 season in the GP3 and got my first podium as well. I'm hoping to perform more consistently this year starting with a complete season and look forward to getting my first win in GP3. I missed out on Critical testing last year and am looking forward to 2017"
Andreas Jenzer, who heads Jenzer Motorsport said, "We are very much looking forward to work with Arjun again! After his podium result in 2016 we will work hard together to fight for podiums more often and to achieve a top result in the championship."
Meanwhile, Kush who managed a podium in the Italian F4 championship last year has also made the switch to Jenzer Motorsport. The young Indian driver is happy with the way his winter testing with Jenzer has gone, and is also happy to be racing in the same team as his big brother. "I will work harder in the upcoming season and look to achieve more success in the races to come," said Kush.
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh