Arjun and Kush Maini to race with Jenzer Motorsport in 2017
Arjun Maini in the Jenzer Motorsport machine during the GP3 round at Monza in 2016
Both the Maini brothers - Arjun and Kush - will compete with Jenzer Motorsport during the 2017 season of racing. Arjun Maini will compete in the GP3 championship, while Kush will compete in the FIA Italian F4 championship. This will be Arjun's second year in the GP3 Series, where he finished 10th in the driver's championship last year. While Kush, who competed in the Italian F4 series last year, finished fifth overall.
Arjun's 2016 season in the GP3 championship went quite well. This, despite the fact that he missed the first four races of the season. The Indian driver managed to claim a podium finish in Hungary in July 2016, and his overall 10th place in the driver's championship meant that hebecame the youngest driver to break into the Top 10 in the standings in GP3 history.
Speaking of his 2017 season, Maini Sr said "I am very excited to drive for Jenzer Motorsport for the second year in a row, I had a good 2016 season in the GP3 and got my first podium as well. I'm hoping to perform more consistently this year starting with a complete season and look forward to getting my first win in GP3. I missed out on Critical testing last year and am looking forward to 2017"
Andreas Jenzer, who heads Jenzer Motorsport said, "We are very much looking forward to work with Arjun again! After his podium result in 2016 we will work hard together to fight for podiums more often and to achieve a top result in the championship."
Meanwhile, Kush who managed a podium in the Italian F4 championship last year has also made the switch to Jenzer Motorsport. The young Indian driver is happy with the way his winter testing with Jenzer has gone, and is also happy to be racing in the same team as his big brother. "I will work harder in the upcoming season and look to achieve more success in the races to come," said Kush.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India