Arjun and Kush Maini to race with Jenzer Motorsport in 2017
Arjun Maini in the Jenzer Motorsport machine during the GP3 round at Monza in 2016
Both the Maini brothers - Arjun and Kush - will compete with Jenzer Motorsport during the 2017 season of racing. Arjun Maini will compete in the GP3 championship, while Kush will compete in the FIA Italian F4 championship. This will be Arjun's second year in the GP3 Series, where he finished 10th in the driver's championship last year. While Kush, who competed in the Italian F4 series last year, finished fifth overall.
Arjun's 2016 season in the GP3 championship went quite well. This, despite the fact that he missed the first four races of the season. The Indian driver managed to claim a podium finish in Hungary in July 2016, and his overall 10th place in the driver's championship meant that hebecame the youngest driver to break into the Top 10 in the standings in GP3 history.
Speaking of his 2017 season, Maini Sr said "I am very excited to drive for Jenzer Motorsport for the second year in a row, I had a good 2016 season in the GP3 and got my first podium as well. I'm hoping to perform more consistently this year starting with a complete season and look forward to getting my first win in GP3. I missed out on Critical testing last year and am looking forward to 2017"
Andreas Jenzer, who heads Jenzer Motorsport said, "We are very much looking forward to work with Arjun again! After his podium result in 2016 we will work hard together to fight for podiums more often and to achieve a top result in the championship."
Meanwhile, Kush who managed a podium in the Italian F4 championship last year has also made the switch to Jenzer Motorsport. The young Indian driver is happy with the way his winter testing with Jenzer has gone, and is also happy to be racing in the same team as his big brother. "I will work harder in the upcoming season and look to achieve more success in the races to come," said Kush.
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed