Arjun and Kush Maini to race with Jenzer Motorsport in 2017
Arjun Maini in the Jenzer Motorsport machine during the GP3 round at Monza in 2016
Both the Maini brothers - Arjun and Kush - will compete with Jenzer Motorsport during the 2017 season of racing. Arjun Maini will compete in the GP3 championship, while Kush will compete in the FIA Italian F4 championship. This will be Arjun's second year in the GP3 Series, where he finished 10th in the driver's championship last year. While Kush, who competed in the Italian F4 series last year, finished fifth overall.
Arjun's 2016 season in the GP3 championship went quite well. This, despite the fact that he missed the first four races of the season. The Indian driver managed to claim a podium finish in Hungary in July 2016, and his overall 10th place in the driver's championship meant that hebecame the youngest driver to break into the Top 10 in the standings in GP3 history.
Speaking of his 2017 season, Maini Sr said "I am very excited to drive for Jenzer Motorsport for the second year in a row, I had a good 2016 season in the GP3 and got my first podium as well. I'm hoping to perform more consistently this year starting with a complete season and look forward to getting my first win in GP3. I missed out on Critical testing last year and am looking forward to 2017"
Andreas Jenzer, who heads Jenzer Motorsport said, "We are very much looking forward to work with Arjun again! After his podium result in 2016 we will work hard together to fight for podiums more often and to achieve a top result in the championship."
Meanwhile, Kush who managed a podium in the Italian F4 championship last year has also made the switch to Jenzer Motorsport. The young Indian driver is happy with the way his winter testing with Jenzer has gone, and is also happy to be racing in the same team as his big brother. "I will work harder in the upcoming season and look to achieve more success in the races to come," said Kush.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids