Arjun Maini signed by Haas F1 Team as development driver
Arjun Maini, who is racing in the GP3 series for Jenzer Motorsport, has just been signed by the Haas F1 Team as a development driver. The 19-year old has been signed alongside an American driver called Santino Ferrucci. As a development driver, Maini will attend F1 races and Haas F1 Team's tests throughout the year. Additionally, he will also be participating in the team's simulator program. Maini says that all his racing till date "has been with the focus of becoming a Formula 1 driver," and that this opportunity gets him one step closer to becoming one. He also says that everything he learns from the Haas F1 Team, he can immediately apply in the GP3 series.
The Haas F1 Team made its Formula 1 debut last year, and managed to finish eighth in the constructor standings. This year, they stand seventh after four races. Guenther Steiner, the team principal of Haas F1, says that Arjun had transitioned well from karting to the Formula series and now to GP3. He says that the team intends on keeping a "keen eye on his progress this year."
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rallye Deutschland for Ott Tanak
- NewsHonda crosses 1 crore two-wheeler sales in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa combined
- News2018 Tata Tigor JTP spied with twin barrel exhaust
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Watch Live Launch
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander launched in India for Rs 31.95 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsHyundai announces investment in Indian self-drive car sharing company Revv
- NewsMini Urban Drive experience begins in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to be launched in India today
- NewsHyundai AH2 (Santro) hatchback naming contest begins in India