Arjun Maini signed by Haas F1 Team as development driver
Arjun Maini, who is racing in the GP3 series for Jenzer Motorsport, has just been signed by the Haas F1 Team as a development driver. The 19-year old has been signed alongside an American driver called Santino Ferrucci. As a development driver, Maini will attend F1 races and Haas F1 Team's tests throughout the year. Additionally, he will also be participating in the team's simulator program. Maini says that all his racing till date "has been with the focus of becoming a Formula 1 driver," and that this opportunity gets him one step closer to becoming one. He also says that everything he learns from the Haas F1 Team, he can immediately apply in the GP3 series.
The Haas F1 Team made its Formula 1 debut last year, and managed to finish eighth in the constructor standings. This year, they stand seventh after four races. Guenther Steiner, the team principal of Haas F1, says that Arjun had transitioned well from karting to the Formula series and now to GP3. He says that the team intends on keeping a "keen eye on his progress this year."
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range