Arjun Maini signed by Haas F1 Team as development driver
Arjun Maini, who is racing in the GP3 series for Jenzer Motorsport, has just been signed by the Haas F1 Team as a development driver. The 19-year old has been signed alongside an American driver called Santino Ferrucci. As a development driver, Maini will attend F1 races and Haas F1 Team's tests throughout the year. Additionally, he will also be participating in the team's simulator program. Maini says that all his racing till date "has been with the focus of becoming a Formula 1 driver," and that this opportunity gets him one step closer to becoming one. He also says that everything he learns from the Haas F1 Team, he can immediately apply in the GP3 series.
The Haas F1 Team made its Formula 1 debut last year, and managed to finish eighth in the constructor standings. This year, they stand seventh after four races. Guenther Steiner, the team principal of Haas F1, says that Arjun had transitioned well from karting to the Formula series and now to GP3. He says that the team intends on keeping a "keen eye on his progress this year."
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks
- NewsDetailed interior shots of next-gen Mercedes-Benz S-Class preview its game-changing cabin
- NewsSupreme Court allows registration of BSIV vehicles sold before lockdown
- Review2020 Tata Altroz diesel road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto crosses 40 lakh sales milestone