Arjun Maini signed by Haas F1 Team as development driver
Arjun Maini, who is racing in the GP3 series for Jenzer Motorsport, has just been signed by the Haas F1 Team as a development driver. The 19-year old has been signed alongside an American driver called Santino Ferrucci. As a development driver, Maini will attend F1 races and Haas F1 Team's tests throughout the year. Additionally, he will also be participating in the team's simulator program. Maini says that all his racing till date "has been with the focus of becoming a Formula 1 driver," and that this opportunity gets him one step closer to becoming one. He also says that everything he learns from the Haas F1 Team, he can immediately apply in the GP3 series.
The Haas F1 Team made its Formula 1 debut last year, and managed to finish eighth in the constructor standings. This year, they stand seventh after four races. Guenther Steiner, the team principal of Haas F1, says that Arjun had transitioned well from karting to the Formula series and now to GP3. He says that the team intends on keeping a "keen eye on his progress this year."
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far