Armaan Ebrahim second in China round of Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia Series
Armaan Ebrahim and team-mate Dilantha Malagamuwa had a podium finish in Race 1 of the fifth round of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia Series in China. The duo finish second in the first race of the weekend held in Shanghai.
The pair, driving a Lamborghini Huracan, qualified third overall and second in the Pro-Am class. They managed to make the most of their start too, with Armaan holding onto his grid position during the first stint of the race. When he handed the car over to Dilantha, the Sri Lankan driver also maintained his position, even though he was once overtaken, but fought his way back to third. The pair were classified third on track at the end of the race.
However, with race winner Afiq, from Malaysia, not being classified as he drove without a partner, Armaan and Dilantha were elevated to second place, which gave them 12 valuable points in the championship.
Reflecting on his performance, Armaan said: "In the first qualifying session which decides where we start in the first race, I did my fastest lap on my first flyer. The next lap should have been the lap, but I was blocked. Nevertheless, I was happy with P3, just three-tenths off the pace."
"The race start was ok. I ran through with the leaders and opened a gap to the guy in fourth. After the pitstop, Dilantha was under some pressure and actually lost a place, but did well to fight back and regain the position," Armaan said of the race.
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019