ARRC 2016: Sarath Kumar scores first point in the SuperSport 600 series
Sarath Kumar has scored his first points in the 2016 ARRC's SuperSport 600 class
From having to sit out the first few races of the 2016 Asia Road Racing Championship's SuperSport 600cc class, to finally finishing a race in the series, Sarath Kumar's season is finally picking up. The high point of the Indian rider's weekend at Sentul, the fourth round of the ARRC, was that in addition to finishing the race, he also managed to score his first point in the championship in the first race of the weekend.
Sarath qualified 20th for the race on Saturday, and managed to gain five places during the race itself. This meant that the T-Pro Yuzy NTS Honda Racing team rider finished 15th in the race, earning one championship point.
In the second race, the rider supported by Honda Motorcycle and Scooters India, Ten10 Racing and WOW Digit HK finished 17th.
Sarath said of the weekend, "I am very happy with the progress and this is the first time I was able to the ride the bike to its fullest potential. I am still having problems with my knee which bothers me towards the end of the races, after about 10 laps. However, it is a good sign that the recovery is happening."
Sarath went on to say that he is now just five seconds off the pace of the more experienced racers, and given that it was his first full race weekend, he was happy with his progress. He now plans to focus entirely on the race weekend at the Buddh International Circuit, to be held on the 1st and 2nd of October.
"Once again, a long break and I will be working hard on my recovery and more practice to get to good pace at the BIC," said Sarath.
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- NewsNew-gen Nissan Livina MPV is a rival to Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Honda BR-V
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani