ARRC 2017: Sarath Kumar scores points at Johor Bahru season opener
Sarath Kumar at the 2017 ARRC round at Johor Bahru
After a 2016 season that was marred by injury, Sarath Kumar managed to make a good start to his 2017 campaign. The Indian rider who is competing in the Asia Road Racing Championship's Super Sport 600 class, riding for RAMA Honda Racing by NTS T.Pro Ten10 managed to finish both races at Round 1 at Johor Bahru in the points. Fortunately for Sarath, this time his knee injury didn't bother him, which meant that he was able to improve his laptimes and his consistency over the course of the race weekend. Sarath's collarbone injury, which he suffered at the ARRC's BIC round last year, also wasn't a bother this time around.
RAMA Honda Racing's other rider - Rajiv Sethu - also had a decent weekend at his debut ARRC round. The rider who is competing in the Asia Production 250 class had a clean race, although one with a steep learning curve. He hopes to be able to make progress as the racing continues over the course of the season.
Rajiv Sethu made his ARRC debut in the AP250 class at Johor Bahru
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled
- FeaturesProduct review: Alpinestars Sonoran Drystar pants
- NewsMercedes-Benz's EQ sub-brand to play a major role in company's electric future