ARRC 2018: Rajiv Sethu and Anish Shetty set to ride for Idemitsu Honda Racing India at Suzuka
The third round of the 2018 Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC) will also be the first time an Indian factory racing team goes to the Suzuka Circuit in Japan this weekend. The IDEMITSU Honda Racing India team by T Pro Ten10 racing will field riders Rajiv Sethu and Anish Shetty from the country there. Sethu is back after sustaining a wrist injury during practice in the previous round at Australia. This had prevented him from participating in the race. The third member of the team, Taiga Hada will compete in the SuperSport 600 class at his home circuit.
Teammates Rajiv Sethu, Taiga Hada, and Anish Shetty from the Idemitsu Honda Racing India team will compete in different classes at Round 3 of the 2018 ARRC
Shetty and Sethu will compete in the Asia Production 250 class. Shetty is in his rookie season in the ARRC. He is looking to score more points for the team this time after opening his account at Australia.
"Scoring my first international points in Australia has been a huge morale booster for me. I am now familiar with the bike and have started to get a hang of the pressure of performing amongst the best racers of Asia," he said.
Meanwhile, Sethu who is still recovering from his wrist surgery is happy to be back to racing. The Honda team has made special changes to his race bike to ease throttle inputs, as he continues to wear a wrist support. This is his second go at Suzuka, and Sethu calls it one of his favourite circuits.
More interestingly, the 2018 ARRC will come to India at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) in Irungattukottai, Chennai the following weekend.
- NewsF1: Red Bull Racing confirms switch to Honda power from 2019
- Review2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 road test review
- NewsJaguar Land Rover begins bookings in India for Range Rover Sport SVR and Range Rover SVAutobiography
- Features2018 Tata Nexon XZ+ longterm review: Introduction
- FeaturesSuzuki Jimny: Here's how the compact SUV has evolved since 1970
- NewsBentley to attempt new Pikes Peak record with Bentayga SUV
- FeaturesFive things you need to know about the new Ducati Multistrada 1260
- News2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 launched in India at Rs 15.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Ducati Multistrada 1260 launch in India
- NewsSuzuki Jimny revealed officially in European spec