ARRC 2018: Rajiv Sethu and Anish Shetty set to ride for Idemitsu Honda Racing India at Suzuka
The third round of the 2018 Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC) will also be the first time an Indian factory racing team goes to the Suzuka Circuit in Japan this weekend. The IDEMITSU Honda Racing India team by T Pro Ten10 racing will field riders Rajiv Sethu and Anish Shetty from the country there. Sethu is back after sustaining a wrist injury during practice in the previous round at Australia. This had prevented him from participating in the race. The third member of the team, Taiga Hada will compete in the SuperSport 600 class at his home circuit.
Teammates Rajiv Sethu, Taiga Hada, and Anish Shetty from the Idemitsu Honda Racing India team will compete in different classes at Round 3 of the 2018 ARRC
Shetty and Sethu will compete in the Asia Production 250 class. Shetty is in his rookie season in the ARRC. He is looking to score more points for the team this time after opening his account at Australia.
"Scoring my first international points in Australia has been a huge morale booster for me. I am now familiar with the bike and have started to get a hang of the pressure of performing amongst the best racers of Asia," he said.
Meanwhile, Sethu who is still recovering from his wrist surgery is happy to be back to racing. The Honda team has made special changes to his race bike to ease throttle inputs, as he continues to wear a wrist support. This is his second go at Suzuka, and Sethu calls it one of his favourite circuits.
More interestingly, the 2018 ARRC will come to India at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) in Irungattukottai, Chennai the following weekend.
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review