ARRC 2018: Rajiv Sethu and Anish Shetty set to ride for Idemitsu Honda Racing India at Suzuka
The third round of the 2018 Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC) will also be the first time an Indian factory racing team goes to the Suzuka Circuit in Japan this weekend. The IDEMITSU Honda Racing India team by T Pro Ten10 racing will field riders Rajiv Sethu and Anish Shetty from the country there. Sethu is back after sustaining a wrist injury during practice in the previous round at Australia. This had prevented him from participating in the race. The third member of the team, Taiga Hada will compete in the SuperSport 600 class at his home circuit.
Teammates Rajiv Sethu, Taiga Hada, and Anish Shetty from the Idemitsu Honda Racing India team will compete in different classes at Round 3 of the 2018 ARRC
Shetty and Sethu will compete in the Asia Production 250 class. Shetty is in his rookie season in the ARRC. He is looking to score more points for the team this time after opening his account at Australia.
"Scoring my first international points in Australia has been a huge morale booster for me. I am now familiar with the bike and have started to get a hang of the pressure of performing amongst the best racers of Asia," he said.
Meanwhile, Sethu who is still recovering from his wrist surgery is happy to be back to racing. The Honda team has made special changes to his race bike to ease throttle inputs, as he continues to wear a wrist support. This is his second go at Suzuka, and Sethu calls it one of his favourite circuits.
More interestingly, the 2018 ARRC will come to India at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) in Irungattukottai, Chennai the following weekend.
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Ford Focus ST performance hot hatchback unveiled globally
- OpinionOn Harper Lee, Toby Price and Niki Lauda...
- NewsFord India will not update Endeavour with 2.0L turbo diesel engine
- News2019 Geneva Motor show: Tata Motors to debut production-spec Tata 45X hatchback
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Honda CBR650R to be launched in India
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani