Ashok Leyland increases stake in Optare to 75.1 per cent
Hinduja Group's flagship, Ashok Leyland along with other associate companies will increase its stake in British bus maker Optare plc to 75.1 per cent. Initially the company had acquired 26 per cent stake in Optare in July 2010 as part of a long term strategic partnership. If things go well, Optare will be fully integrated into Ashok Leyland's global strategy for buses.
Dheeraj G. Hinduja, chairman, Ashok Leyland said,"We are confident that, together, we can surge ahead with Optare taking advantage of the large opportunities for growth and development we see based on synergy and integration with Ashok Leyland's bus business."
Jim Sumner, chief executive officer, Optare mentioned, "This is great news for Optare's customers, employees and suppliers and secures stability and the long-term future of the business. The re-banking represents a defining moment in the company's 3-year turnaround plan which commenced in June 2009."
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders