Ashok Leyland launches Partner and Mitr LCVs in India
Ashok Leyland has launched two LCVs (Light commercial vehicles)- Partner and Mitr in India. This is the second offering from the Ashok Leyland-Nissan joint venture in India.
Pricing for the Partner, which has two variants based on their wheelbase i.e 2850mm and 3350mm is Rs 8.89 lakh and Rs 9.19 lakh. The Ashok Leyland Mitr bus is priced at Rs 12.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Chennai).
Partner is a LCV based on the Nissan F24 platform. Manufacturer claims that its focus with this vehicle is on driver comfort and it has given the Partner a modern Euro cabin with car-like interiors.
Ashok Leyland Partner
This LCV weighs in at 6.6 tonnes and is capable of hauling a 4 tonne payload. Power is derived from a ZD30 common rail diesel engine. Air conditioning is also available in the top end LX trim but power steering is standard on all models. A tilt-able cabin allows for easy servicing.
The Mitr is a 26+1+1 seater bus which is targeted to be a staff carrier. It shares its engine and platform with the Partner. The ZD30 engine produces 116PS and a peak torque of 320Nm. Power is transmitted by a five speed manual gearbox. Mitr has parabolic suspension at both front and rear ends. A school bus variant is also expected to be launched soon.
Ashok Leyland MITR school bus
Speaking at the occasion, V. Sumantran, vice chairman, Ashok Leyland, said, "We are delighted to present the next range of products from the Ashok Leyland-Nissan JV PARTNER and MiTR. With these two new products, we have stayed true to our LCV mission to deliver to the Indian customer, contemporary products that deliver best-in-class user experience, coupled with exceptional efficiency."
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh