Ashok Leyland shows HMV 8x8 Super Stallion at the DefExpo 2012
Ashok Leyland unveiled their new Super Stallion 8x8, Stallion 6x6 and a range of logistics vehicles at the DefExpo 2012. The Stallion 8x8 is the new flagship vehicle and its Neptune engine produces 370PS of power and a whopping 1400Nm of torque. It has been configured to operate in challenging terrains like desert and its hub reduction axles ensure better grip in the sand for all the eight wheels and the central tyre inflation system enables deflating or inflating tyres even while the vehicle is in motion. The Stallion platform can be used in various applications like a field artillery tractor and mounted gun with different transmission and driveline configurations.
The Stallion 6x6 gets a common rail diesel engine which produces 224PS of power and 800Nm of torque and is mated to an automatic transmission. It gets a back-up emergency power steering system and semi-automatic tyre inflation system. The Stallion 6x6 can be used as a troop carriers, water and fuel bowsers and as the base vehicle to mount communication equipment and command control posts. Both the Stallion models have bucket seats and air-conditioning as standard.
Nitin Seth, executive director â" defence business, Ashok Leyland said, "The HMV 8x8 Super Stallion is our new top-of-the-range offering â" a contemporary technology product that is proudly indigenous. This heavier Super Stallion platform builds on the heritage of theStallion, of which more than 65,000 vehicles are deployed by the Indian army. Stallions form the veritable backbone of their logistics operations and we cherish our role as their largest supplier of logistics vehicles."
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055